• 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (gluten free/dairy free by Enjoy Life)
• 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
• ½ cup butter (or Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
• 1 ½ cups The Pure Pantry All Purpose Baking Mix
• 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
• ½ t. baking powder
• 2 tablespoons instant espresso
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place both chocolates and butter in a double boiler on medium heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. In a large bowl combine baking mix, cocoa powder, baking powder and espresso powder. In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment mix sugar with egg and vanilla on high until well blended, about 2 minutes. Turn off mixer and add melted chocolate. Blend on low for about 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and blend on low until combined. Stir in optional hazelnuts.
Pour mixture into am 11 x 7 inch non-stick baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out clean. Cool completely – this is very important. If you do not cool completely, brownies will fall apart. Once cooled, cut into squares