- 1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1 pint baby heirloom tomatoes or Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian black olives, pits removed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pinenuts
- 10-12 pieces of freshly shaved Parmesan
- 2 cups gluten free polenta croutons – see recipe in salad section
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Arrange romaine lettuce on chilled salad plates. Place pepper slices, baby tomatoes, and olives on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with basil and pine nuts. Top with shaved Parmesan and croutons.
Place all ingredients in a mason jar or large measuring cup. Whisk until combined. Drizzle over salad and top with croutons.