- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter or butter alternative
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups All-Purpose Baking Mix from The Pure Pantry
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or other nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy and combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in All-Purpose Baking Mix.
- Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer.
- With a small spatula swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.