These biscotti are heavenly with a nice cup of Java or hot chocolate for kids.
- 1 cup The Pure Pantry All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 cup The Pure Pantry Buckwheat-flax Baking Mix
- 2 T. butter (or Spectrum shortening)
- 2 egg whites (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1 egg (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3/4 c. toasted & chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 c. gluten free-dairy free chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 16” cookie sheet.
Using electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter (or shortening) with brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in egg whites and egg (or egg replacer). Add one cup of All Purpose Baking Mix and mix until combined. Add one cup of Buckwheat Flax Baking Mix and vanilla and stir on low until combined. Stir in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
Lightly dust large wooden cutting board with rice flour. Dusts hands with rice flour. Place biscotti dough on board and with your hands roll into long log, 3 inches wide and 15 inches long. Transfer log to cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes. Gently place log on wooden cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into ½ inch sliced. Arrange biscotti cut side down back on cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in air tight container.