- 3/4 cup The Pure Pantry All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup butter or Earth Balance Buttery Stick
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup The Pure Pantry All Purpose Baking Mix
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
To make crust:
Preheat oven to 325 F. and butter 9×12 inch baking pan.
In a bowl blend together with fingertips baking mix, butter, coconut, and sugar until butter has no lumps and mixture resembles course meal. Pat mixture into prepared pan and pierce with fork all over. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes, or unitl golden brown. Reduce temperature to 300°F.
To make custard:
In a bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Stir in baking mix, lemon juice and lemon zest.
Pour mixture over crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Top custard with toasted coconut and bake 5 minutes, or until just set. Cool in pan then chill 1 hour before cutting into squares. Makes 16 squares.