- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (or 1 T. non-hydrogenated shortening)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Rum
- 1 16 oz. can pineapple rings
- 6-8 pecan halves (if desired)
- 1/2 cup butter (or non-hydrogenated shortening)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups The Pure Pantry All Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 Large Eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk (or rice milk)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Generously grease sides of 8″ cake pan with butter (or shortening).
In medium size glass bowl, melt 1 T. butter in microwave. Pour into bottom of 8” cake pan. In glass bowl, combine water, light brown sugar, vanilla, and coconut rum. Stir until combined and set aside.
Place whole pineapple rings in bottom of cake pan on top of butter. Cut remaining rings in half and fit in a pattern in any open spaces. Place a pecan half in center of each ring (if desired). Pour brown sugar mixture over pineapple rings and set aside.
In mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and continue whipping until mixture is well combined and a pale yellow color. At low speed, slowly add the baking mix. Next, slowly pour the milk (or rice milk) into the mixing bowl. Continue to mix while adding the vanilla until well blended.
Pour the batter over pineapple slices. Carefully smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
Cool cake for at least 10 minutes. Invert onto cake plate or platter and let it cool. Serve plain or with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!