Prepare basic Polenta Squares recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, finely diced
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped (can use turkey bacon)
- 2 cups shredded Manchego cheese (divided use)
- 2/3 cup Pomegranate Chipotle BBQ Sauce (see recipe under “sauces”)
- 3 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
Add olive oil and onions to skillet and cook over medium for 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook with onions for 4 minutes or until chicken is just-opaque. Remove from heat and stir in chopped bacon.
Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese evenly over baked polenta squares; spoon chicken mixture evenly over cheese. Drizzle pomegranate chipotle sauce over cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle pecans over top.
Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly; sprinkle top with cilantro.
Makes 30 polenta squares.