Twelve Days of Christmas | Day 12 | Chocolate Raspberry Mini Cupcakes
Chocolate Raspberry Mini Cupcakes
Makes 60 mini cupcakes
1 package gluten-free Dark Chocolate Cake mix from The Pure Pantry
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot water
2/3 cup raspberry jam
Ganache and Garnish
6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup whipping cream or for dairy-free option, use So-delicious coconut creamer
1 tablespoon raspberry-flavored liqueur, such as Chambord
Fresh raspberries for garnish
White chocolate snowflakes (1/2 cup white chocolate chips) optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place miniature paper baking cup in each of 60 mini muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed package using two eggs, ½ cup oil and 1 cup hot water. Fill muffin cups three-fourths full (about 1 heaping tablespoon batter each).
2. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3.Place chocolate in medium bowl. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling; pour over chocolate. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in liqueur. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture coats a spoon.
4. Meanwhile, by slowly turning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make small, 1/2-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each cupcake, not quite to bottom.
5. Spoon jam into small re-sealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off 1 corner of bag. Insert tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to fill opening.
6. Spoon about 1 teaspoon ganache onto each mini-cake. Garnish each with raspberry or white chocolate snowflake. To make white chocolae snowflakes, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in a doulble boiler. Place melted chocolate in a pastry bag fitted with plane tip. Create snowflakes on waxed paper or parchments paper. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove carefully and place on top of cupcakes. Store loosely covered.