What do you do with all those over ripe, brown bananas? Banana bread, banana smoothies, banana pancakes? Here is our favorite, easy recipe for banana pancakes.
1 cup almond, rice or coconut milk
1 cup gluten-free Old Fashioned Pancake Mix from The Pure Pantry
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or other cooking oil
1. To make the pancake mix: whisk eggs in medium size bowl. Add half the milk and half the pancake mix and blend together. Add remaining milk and pancake mix and mix until combined.
Blend in mashed bananas and oil.
2. Heat griddle to medium heat. I use the Skinny Griddle as it has a non-stick surface and I don’t have to use extra oil. They are available at Sur La Table online: Skinny Griddle.
It is always a good idea to have a dedicated “gluten-free” griddle. I write more about gluten-free kitchen supplies here: Gluten-free Cooking Tips.
3. Ladle 1/4 cup mix onto griddle forming a circle. Continue making pancakes leaving at least 1 inch in between each pancake.
4. Watch for bubbles forming at edges of pancakes — when they begin to pop, you will know its time to flip them over.
5. Cook on second side until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove pancake from griddle and serve with sliced bananas and agave nectar or pure maple syrup.